Sunday, July 5, 2009

Monorail Crash in WDW

By the time you are reading this, you probably know about the above event but, I want to cover it anyway.

So this morning as I woke up, I did my usual computer/iPod check. Looking through e-mail first, then I'm and so forth, and then I got to Twitter. There I saw some new Tweets from my Friends, some companies I follow, and then I saw one from Lou. There he said 2 Monorails in Walt Disney World had crashed. I was in shock. I couldn't believe something like this happened in my beloved Walt Disney World.

First I want to send out my condolences to the family of the Cast Member who unfortunately has passed on because of this accident.

I also want to say that we shouldn't be playing a blame game right now. I know there is a lot of speculation floating around about what happened.

As for the Impact this has on me...

Well it is a lot. I am quite upset about this. I have always had a love for Transportation, and that's what I intend to get into for a Carree. To see this happen, especially 3 weeks before I go to Walt Disney World. Its just making me speechless. I have always enjoyed the Monorail, I mean it was on my Top 10 rides I wanted to do for my First Trip when I went to Disney. The possibility of not going on it this year is just very upsetting for me personally.

This however makes me a little nervous. I currently do not know the state of the entire Monorail system at WDW is. This year, the Monorail was going to be playing a huge part in the Transportation plan my parents put together for our trip (well I did since I'm much better at the buses then they are). If the system will still be shut down by our trip, this could cost us a lot of time in our short trip.

So anyway that's today's post. I now go shopping at the outlets for supplies this week. Lots more to prepare.

I hope everyone has a magical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment